All Registrants are required to conform to the PTUK Ethical Framework for Play Therapy and Filial Play and Professional Conduct Procedure. Its main principles are:
- Fidelity – honouring the trust placed in the Registrant
- Autonomy – respecting the child’s and parent’s rights to be self-governing
- Beneficence – commitment to the child’s well being
- Non- maleficence – avoiding harm to the children
- Justice – the fair and impartial treatment of all clients and the provision of adequate services
- Self respect – fostering the Registrant’s self-knowledge and care for self
You can find out more about the Ethical Framework on the PTUK web site.